Richardsons | About Richardsons, The History Of Richardsons In Feltham

The History Of Richardsons

Richardsons | About Richardsons, The History Of Richardsons In Feltham

The History Of Richardsons

The Richardson family started trading at Lampton Road, Raynes Park, West Wimbledon SW20, in 1930. In 1945, after leaving active service in the Royal Navy, John Richardson took over the Family business. In 1947, John married Daphne and the business became a partnership. In August 1960, the Business moved to its present trading address in Feltham.

Jim Richardson

In 1967 the Business was joined by their Son, Jim. Jim had previously been working for R C Love Limited of Hounslow, which was then a large specialist ironmonger and tool dealer. During his time at R C Loveís he had passed all the National Institute of Hardware Exams. Some years later, he passed the Master Locksmiths entrance exam.

Steve Richardson

In 1969 their other Son Steve joined the business. Steve had previously been working for Fred Ide & Son Ironmongers of Fife Road, Kingston, and then moved to Barons of Broadwick Street, London W1. Baronís was a very large locksmith company where Steve was taught his trade from experts in all fields of locksmithing.

Danny Mansell

In 1980, Danny Mansell started work as a part-time assistant. At only 14 years old and still in full time education, Danny was an up-and-coming junior footballer. On leaving school, he started full time employment. He worked alongside other employees at Richardsons and learnt his trade passing National institute of Hardware C&G exams and The Master locksmiths entrance exam. He has now worked his way up to being the shop Manager.

The Staff

Richardsons employ 12 staff, some full time and some part-time, one of whom is Jim Richardsonís wife Jan. All staff are offered every opportunity of training, ranging from St Johns Ambulance First Aid at Work to instructional courses, exams and factory visits.

Our Premises

The business premises are a large double fronted shop of 60 foot in depth with an office and additional warehouse storage. Richardsons specialise in locksmithing and locks of all types, key cutting, architectural ironmongery and Hand tools. In addition, they keep a large comprehensive stock of fixings ie; screws, rawbolts, nails and glues, etc. Also stocked is a very large and extensive range of hand tools for all trades. In the last 10 years, product lines such as cycle spares and plumbing supplies have been added. Recent additions to the range of stock are: models, model making equipment and supplies.

Richardsons offer a range of in-store services such as: engraving - plaques, tankards and cups. We can also manufacture car and motorcycle number plates. Click here for more information on Richardsons Services.

A special order service is available on request.